Since 2008, the Cinémage Soficas (tax shelter investment fund) have been the leader of their industry in terms of investment volume.
The Cinémage Soficas have a special position on the financing market due to a diversified portfolio which includes :
• Commercial successes (The Specials, C’est la vie!, Me, Myself and Mum, Potiche, Mood Indigo, The Snows of Kilimanjaro, The New Girlfriend, Intouchables…)
• Auteur films (Dheepan, On a Magical Night, Gloria Mundi, Deerskin, Alice and the Mayor, Oh Mercy!, Of Gods and Men, Sibyl, Rust and Bone, Titane,…)
• Series (The Bureau, In Therapy…)
• More than 85 movies selected in class-A international festivals, and many award-winning films (Dheepan, My King, My Golden Days, Stranger by the Lake, Of Gods and Men…).
• Nearly 420 films financed
• Between 150 and 180 projects received per year
• Nearly 200 producers supported in the financing of their films
• Nearly 65 films with more than 500,000 admissions
• More than 140 selections at major festivals
• More than 20 awards received, including the Palme d’Or in 2015 and in 2021 and the Caméra d’Or in 2017
• Presidency of the SOFICA Representative Association, which resulted in the revaluation of the tax benefit to 48%.
• Top 3 of the best companies offering diversification products (2019 Supplier Awards from Gestion de Fortune magazine)
But this special position of the Cinémage Soficas is also due to a proactive facilitating role on the financing market which allowed them to become a partner of choice for independent producers. Indeed, The Cinémage Soficas has invested nearly €120 million in audiovisual and cinema and has helped the development of more than 80 production companies.
Serge Hayat is the co-founder and president of Cinémage Soficas since its creation.